A week ago Wednesday, Kevin and I went on a little vacation to Deadwood, SD. Our friends Wade and Kayla went with us. Wednesday we spent most of the day driving. We took the more scenic route on the way out and went up through Valentine and then over to Rushville and went through the Pine Ridge Indian reservation. Then we drove up through the Black Hills and made a stop at Mount Rushmore. By the time we arrived the sun was going down and it was really smoky. So we couldn't see the monument very well.
Then we headed on up to Deadwood. We stayed at Cadillac Jack's. That is a fun place. I didn't get a lot of pictures this trip because we did spend a lot of time in the casino. I spent most of my time at the Black Jack table or at Roulette. Neither Kevin or I made any money, but it was entertaining! On Thursday we spent some time touring the historic Deadwood. That evening, Kevin's cousin Troy and his wife Jen met us at the casino.
Friday morning we set out to go snowmobiling for the day. We were out there for 7 hours, and it was fun, but long enough for me. The trails we were on took us through the Black Hills.
That night we went to Saloon No. 10. I think everyone in Deadwood was there. For the most part the town was pretty quite, which was nice for us, but not at Saloon No. 10 that night.
On Saturday, we packed up and headed to Gillette, WY. Troy and Jen live there and we wanted to see where they live. Then Sunday morning we headed for home.
We had to make a stop at Wall Drug. I was the only one that had been there before. It's still like I remember it. We had to pick up some of their famous donuts!! Yum!
Overall it was a fun trip, but it's a lot of work to unpack everybody when we get home. I'm still trying to get caught up on all the laundry.
A hazy Mount Rushmore
Getting ready to head out snowmobiling
Taking a break




No comments:
Post a Comment