Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our New Years and other ramblings

We had a fairly uneventful New Year's Eve. We rented a couple of movies and enjoyed a night at home. Kevin and I thought about going out, but we had a Christmas gathering the next day so we didn't think that was a good idea. We rented The Ugly Truth for us and G-Force for the kids. I thought they were both good movies. The boys loved G-Force so much they watched it the next morning also.

On New Year's Day we went to my Grandma's house for the Christmas that was postponed from Christmas Day. Almost everyone was able to make it. It was fun and I think we all ate too much food. That evening the boys and I went out to my parents house since my sisters were home and we had Christmas at their house the next day. It was fun to play games and hang out. We just stayed over night there since we would be coming right back the next morning anyways.

We had my parents Christmas the day following New Year's. It was another fun day.

Yesterday I finally put all of my Christmas stuff away for another year. That was a good feeling. Now if I could only get my house in order the way I want it. I finally feel like things are somewhat back to normal around here. I love the fact that we have no plans from now through Sunday. Not that we could go anywhere if we wanted to. Every road in northeast Nebraska is closed, as we are in blizzard, again! I'm sure I'm feeling like most people in this area right now, we are sick & tired of snow and cooold temps. The last I've heard the high for tomorrow is -4 degrees. Seriously! Yuck!!

Just a warning - picture overload!!



Some of the snow drifts from the Christmas blizzard

Lots of snow

Tyson and Cooper playing with the foam soap that Santa brought

Notice the purple water, Santa also brought colored fizzy tablets. They actually scared Cooper the first time I put them in the tub.

Being a goof

My Grandma with most of her great grandkids

L to R: Cooper, Tyson, Madison, Jenae, Kellen, Ellie, Grandma, Conner, Aubree & Gage

My Dad and his sisters and mom.

L to R: Linda, Judy, my Dad, Vicki and Connie. Grandma is in front.

Tyson opening gifts

Kellen
So once the dinner dishes are cleaned up at my Grandma's house, out come all of the dips, snacks, cookies, candies, etc. There is a lot of food!!!
More food!!
Cooper really contemplating something
Kellen opening gifts
Kevin helping Cooper opening his present

Look mom a new shirt

Cooper testing out his new pickup and horse trailer
Tyson with his gift

Kellen holding his cousin Riley

Tyson holding Riley


Photobucket

No comments: